Carlos Creek Winery & Schell's Brewery have partnered together in creating a unique beer & wine event! Embrace "Drink Local" with hand-crafted beer & wine from these award-winning, Minnesota companies! They plan to make this an annual event showcasing new beers & wines each year!
This event is centered around one barrel! Both Carlos Creek Winery & Schell's Brewery have produced products from the same wine barrel! First, CCW aged their 2013 Marquette wine and then Schell's utilized the barrel for their 2013 Snow Storm beer. Schell's added brettanomyces to their original Snow Storm, which created a traditional Belgian Style sour beer.
This event is to celebrate the collaboration of the two Minnesota producers and to showcase the two products from the one barrel! Enjoy samples of both the Snow Storm & the Marquette (never released to customers before). This will be the last time either of these will be available to the public.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 7:30 - 8:45AM - AWAKE THE GRAPES 5K & 10K registration.
- 9:00AM - 10K Begins
- 9:15AM - 5K Begins
- 10:00AM - Carlos Creek Winery doors open (wine tasting is now available)
- 10:00 - 2:00 - Daniel Adam (live music)
- 11:00AM - Ceremonial Beer Tapping by Brewmaster Jace Marti
- 12:00PM - Special Beer & Wine Samples are Available (along with other beer sales)
- 1:00 - 5:00 - FREE Horse Wagon Rides
- 2:00 - 6:00 - BAT (live music)
- 5:00 - Auction off the old barrel for charity!
- 5:30 - Ceremonial hand-off of the new wine barrel for next year.
- GIVEAWAYS AND PRIZES ALL DAY